The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- 20032004 Student Tax NonFiling Statement
- Supplemental Materials for Brest, Levinson, Balkin, Amar and ...
- Session 2. Ensuring Good Beginnings for All Children
- The Yale Law Journal
- The Politics of European Rights - Yale University
- Institutional Self-Study - Yale University
- There are two full time student visa categories, F-1 or J-1 ...
- Department of Music - Yale University
- Yale University Institutional Review Boards
- Abstract for a presentation at “Slavery and Public History
- JOURNAL OF VERBALLEARNINGAND VERBALBEHAVIOR23, 221-236 (1984)
- The Electoral Foundations of Japans Financial Politics The Case
- Dr. Calvin Martin Memorial Scholarship Trust Fund
- Measuring mechanical motion with a single spin
- Repetto Mining Report
- FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY Copr © West 2001 No Claim to Orig US